PLEASE VISIT OUR SUPPORT FORUM LINK BELOW

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Formication


Some of you may have experienced the feeling of something crawling under your skin, Itchy skin. I have experienced this for over three years every day and it drives me mad. It feels as though there are ants crawling over my skin which is all over my back, head, face , arms and back. I see on alot of Forums are having people ask if this is a symptom of Chiari / Syringomyelia. It is a symptom of these conditions and it is known as Formication .The experience of formication may sometimes cause feelings of itchiness, tingling, pins and needles, burning, or even pain. When it is perceived as itchiness, it may trigger the scratch reflex and because of this, some people who are suffering from the sensation are at risk of causing skin damage through excessive scratching.
Here is a link to the Wikipedia site for more information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just until recently I had never thought that this was a cause from having the chari malformation. When I was looking up different things I found your post. I wanted to say thank you because I could never understand the sensation sometimes it comes on so strong that it is unbearable! Thank you Iam not the only one